Skip to content

Sweet Corn Bread

January 16, 2013
Sweet Corn Bread (1)
This Sweet Corn Bread can be compared to what you would have at Marie Calendars or Famous Dave’s.  The  cake mix gives it and light sweet flavor that you will just love.  My friend Janet shared it with us when we stopped for a visit at Christmas time.
It can also be made into muffins.
Sweet Corn Bread
Sweet Corn Bread (3)
2 Jiffy Corn Bread mixes
1 yellow cake mix
1 1/2 c. water
3 eggs
1/3 c. milk
cupcake liners (if making into muffins)
Mix all ingredients together.
Sweet Corn Bread (4)
Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan or cupcake liners. (makes 30)
Sweet Corn Bread (5)
For 9 x 13 pan – bake at 325 for 40 – 45 mins or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
For cupcakes – bake at 325 for 17 mins or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Sweet Corn Bread (2)
Makes 30 muffins
Weight Watchers: 5.5 PointsPlus per piece if cut into 18 pieces.  3.3 PointsPlus per muffin if you make 30 muffins.
Calories: Entire recipe is 3,643 calories.
Cut into 12 pieces – 303 calories each
Cut into 16 pieces – 227 calories each
30 muffins – 121 calories
Recipe Source: Janet Gutierrez
FULL RECIPE WITHOUT PICTURES —
SWEET CORN BREAD
2 Jiffy Corn Bread mixes
1 yellow cake mix
1 1/2 c. water
3 eggs
1/3 c. milk
cupcake liners (if making into muffins)
Mix all ingredients together.
Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan.
Makes 30 muffins
Weight Watchers: 5.5 PointsPlus per piece if cut into 18 pieces.   3.3 PointsPlus per muffin if you make 30 muffins.
Calories: Entire recipe is 3,643 calories.
Cut into 12 pieces – 303 calories each
Cut into 16 pieces – 227 calories each
30 muffins – 121 calories
Recipe Source: Janet Gutierrez
8 Comments leave one →
  1. January 28, 2013 3:49 pm

I obviously made the chili with the cornbread. I’ve NEVER liked cornbread. It’s always.. corn tasting and just not fun on my tounge. This however is delicious. I would just make this for like FHE snack. I loved this cornbread!

• March 16, 2013 2:00 pm

So happy that you loved the corn bread! I tried making it into muffins and they turned out great. I actually think that is how I will make them from now on. They were great for individual servings. I had some leftover and I put them in the freezer for another meal.
      Happy Cooking – Cheryl

• Wanda permalink
        November 13, 2015 4:27 pm

Since I’m a lifetime member of Weight Watchers I am so thankful for the points breakdown. I’m definitely making these. Thank you.

2. Emmy permalink
    May 23, 2015 6:45 am

I use this recipe and add two cans of sweet whole kernel corn. It is amazing!

• Georgia permalink
      October 14, 2015 10:01 am

With adding two cans of corn do you think this would still work in muffins

• Taline permalink
      November 25, 2015 11:28 pm

Cream style or regular corn?

• December 30, 2015 1:36 pm

There is actually no corn in the recipe. You use 2 boxes of Jiffy Corn Bread Mix.